8.23.2010

Proverbs 31:21

 "When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
       for all of them are clothed in scarlet."



This scripture is on my heart today. The wife of noble character is ready for tomorrow. She has been a good steward of all that she has and planned for the storms of winter. Because of this, there is no fear in her. She knows she is prepared for what lies ahead.


One of my neighbors inspired me yesterday. She is reorganizing her living room and sorting out all of her drawers and cabinets to prepare for the fall. I know it was a lot of work for her to start this project, but when she is done there will be a great reward. Her order and diligence will be a tremendous blessing to her family and help their day to day life, and her own work, to run smoothly. 


It is important to be a good steward of what we have. Spiritually, relationally, materially, and financially. The richness in our spirits as we grow in Christ impact our relationships with our family, friends, and communities. Using our material possessions to their fullest capacity and conscientiously managing our finances will set us up for the best outcome in the future. For we never know what lies ahead. 


I am thankful I do not know what storms are brewing in my future, because I am able to live in peace today, without an anxious heart. BUT, as I mentioned before, there cannot be a mountain top without a valley. 


May I be a wife of noble character, unafraid of winter, because my family is cloaked in good stewardship.

No comments:

Post a Comment